- Reagent Type: Cell Labeling Reagents, Cell Tracker Compounds
- Excitation⁄Emission (nm): 353⁄466
- Product Line: CellTracker™
- Product Size: 5 mg
- Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
CellTracker™ Blue CMAC (7-amino-4-chloromethylcoumarin) is a fluorescent dye well suited for monitoring cell movement or location. This dye is well retained, allowing for multigenerational tracking of cellular movements. And the blue excitation/emission spectra are ideal for multiplexing with green and red fluorescent dyes and proteins.
Need a different emission spectrum or longer tracking? View our other mammalian cell tracking products.
• Easy to use—remove medium, add dye, incubate 30 minutes, and image cells
• Fluorescent signal retention of >72 hours (typically three to six generations)
• Blue excitation/emission spectra (353/466 nm maxima) ideal for multiplexing
• Low cytotoxicity—does not affect viability or proliferation
CellTracker™ Blue CMAC fluorescent dye has been designed to freely pass through cell membranes into cells, where it is transformed into cell membrane-impermeant reaction products. CellTracker™ Blue CMAC dye is retained in living cells through several generations. The dye is transferred to daughter cells, but not adjacent cells in a population. CellTracker™ Blue CMAC dye is designed to display fluorescence for at least 72 hours, and the dye exhibits ideal tracking properties: it is stable, nontoxic at working concentrations, well retained in cells, and brightly fluorescent at physiological pH. Additionally, the excitation and emission spectra of CellTracker™ Blue CMAC dye are well separated from GFP (green fluorescent protein) and RFP (red fluorescent protein) spectra allowing for multiplexing.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.